Friday, October 16, 2015

Reflection on Project 2 Draft

For this blog post I will discuss my peer review and what I learned from it based on information from Student's Guide.

"Peer Review." 10/16/15 via Considine Considine Certified Public Accountants

For my peer reviews I looked at Chris and Grace's drafts.

While going through the Student's Guide I am realizing that I am very far behind on my drafting process. I have been struggling with the writing of my project, but reading good examples and reading self reflection and answering questions from the Student's Guide has helped a lot. I will be putting a lot of work into my draft over the next few days and the weekend. However, some of the following questions were hard to answer due to the fact that my draft hasn't reached the point that they discuss. For now I will just be as honest as possible and hope that points aren't deducted for my short and incompetent answers.


The following information is all related to questions posed by Student's Guide


1. My thesis is very identifiable. It directly discusses the rhetorical strategies that my paper will address, and does not use vague terms. I think I may need to add more to it if I add more to my analysis, which I can see myself doing eventually.

2. I am still in the process of writing my essay. However, my planned organization has an introduction, explanation of context of the article, then rhetorical analysis, as shown in my earlier outline. It will follow the order of my thesis, and finish with a conclusion.

3. I need to spend some time researching this because off the top of my head I don't even know that the five elements are.

4. I do discuss the effectiveness of certain rhetorical strategies in my draft, and will continue to stress this idea throughout.

5. Yes, the little content that I have so far effectively uses the text as support.

6. I have been struggling with my thesis, but now that I have seen some good examples I think I can write it. I will ensure that my thesis leaves the reader wanting more and answers the so what question by making sure it goes beyond my article and discusses the more interesting and important bigger issue. It is still not written currently however.

No comments:

Post a Comment