Saturday, October 31, 2015

Considering Types

This blog post discusses the type of argument I am considering for my project.

"Dogs Arguing." 10/30/15 via Pets Fans
The argument that I will most likely be using for my project is a position argument. I will be evaluating the basis of the Tour de France controversy involving Froome, and will be giving information that will support a side that I am arguing for.

Mixed into this argument will be refutation, which will argue against certain views. This is because I am taking different sides for different situations of the controversy, and must explain why the other side is less valid.

The arguments that I will not be using, and that are not as useful, are casual, evaluative, and proposal arguments. This is because the basis of these arguments revolve around providing a solution, which I will not be doing. There is no solution to the issue I am discussing, merely sides to be taken and positions to be defended.



After reading Chris and Austin's posts I realized what a wide variety of arguments people will be using in their projects. Ultimately there is no right or wrong answer for what type of argument you chose, it just depends on your personal approach and style, and your topic of choice. Everything is dependent on fitting your argument to your goals and purposes, which leads to different results for each person in the class. Also, I think that 2 or 3 types of arguments is a perfect number, that will give me and my peers enough content, but not too much to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment