Friday, November 27, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

This blog post contains a personal reflection on my original blog posts which discussed time management and my writing style.

"Corgi" 11/27/15 via Daily Mail



I think clearly the biggest thing that has changed in my writing style is my process. Much of this has to do with the individual deadlines, and all the blog posts and process work we were required to do for each project. Unlike before, where I would only work on drafts and finals, I had to do outlining, and extensive background work, that led up to drafts and projects. Some of it felt like busy work, but a majority of it translated into my final products, making them generally more solid. Also, this process work helped me seriously consider aspects of writing I didn't spend as much time thinking about, such as audience and genre, making my writing not necessarily better, but more effective.

At the end of the day, nothing has changed about my time management. Although I do procrastinate, and tend to push things towards the end of their due dates, I only had one or two late assignment, and did everything for the class, as well as all my other classes. I don't think my work suffered in terms of quality because it was rushed sometimes. Moving forwards, I can see myself procrastinating less later in college, especially in grad school, as I have more time to work with when I am no longer swimming, and still not working full time. As far as I can tell from this class, I will be fine with any workload in any future class. The work skills I learned translate to my future more than the actual writing, as I don't see myself doing a ton of writing down the road. However the


No comments:

Post a Comment