Sunday, November 22, 2015

Reflection on Project 3

This blog post contains a personal reflection on my third project, according to questions in Writing Public Lives.



Oh, Mathias "Cutest Dog Ever?" 12/11/12 via Photos
1. My primary revisions had to do with adding more content, as well as working in some visuals, which was much harder than I had anticipated.

2. Nothing about my thesis or organization changed. I had an outline already set out, and simply followed this pre-decided order and organization.

3. Not a lot of my changes had to do with reconsidering anything important like audience or purpose, but some of the small tweaks I made simply aimed at strengthening my argument.

4. I think the changes more had to do with clarifying my ideas to the audience than adding personal credibility.

5. The changes that I made just made it easier to track my train of thought and follow the logic behind my ideas.

6. For the most part my sentence structure and style remained similar after revision, the main changes just had to do with organization or adding where I felt was lacking.

7. Because my sentence structure changes were so limited, I don't feel they assisted in helping my audience understand my purpose any more fully.

8. Yes, I reconsidered the conventions of my genre throughout. Initially I expected to have a more visually based argument, but the conventions of the genre involved more logically organized text based arguments.

9. Ultimately, reflecting on my writing and revision process helps me to realize the shaping of my style throughout this class, and how it differs over time, and from genre to genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment