Saturday, September 19, 2015

Reflection on Project 1 Draft

For my peer editing I read through and provided feedback on Grace and Jon's drafts. For the rest of this blog post I am going to reflect on my own work based on what feedback peers provided me, and what I learned through other students' work. This reflection is based of a portion from the Student's Guide to First Year Writing.

Gsagri04. "Mirror Frame." 07/28/11 via Clipart. Public Domain Dedication License.
Audience:

  • My audience will mostly be my classmates and teacher. I learned from peer review that I need to add a section on why they should care about my controversy.
  • My audience will expect a quick reference guide on my controversy, which involves recent issues in cycling, related specifically to doping and transparency of data. I learned from peer editing my introduction should give my audience an idea of what to expect from my post.
  • I need to provide a good deal of general information, and specific information to maintain credibility. As far as I know, my classmates and teacher do not have overly extensive knowledge on cycling, so I should provide a good deal of context and background information.
  • I should probably have a colloquial style of language.
  • As I learned from peer editing, according to my audience and the style of the genre, I can be less formal in tone, while still providing depth and credibility in my information.
Context:
  • The formatting of my post should follow the conventions of a QRG which entails subheadings, short paragraphs, and enough white space so things don't feel crowded.
  • The content requirements of my guide is simply enough information to be a guide for readers, but not so much that it becomes a long reference guide instead of a quick reference guide. Also, according to my classmates' drafts I commented on, my QRG should contain a variety of sources, quotes woven in throughout, and good visuals. 
  • Yes, I did not know what a QRG was before this class, so my draft should reflect that I learned this style enough to follow the basic conventions of it.
  • I have payed careful attention to grammatical issues that were discussed in the class text, but I have not had any grammatical errors pointed out to me thus far in class or through feedback, so I haven't payed any attention to anything outside of class readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment